Planning an Office Move in 2023? Here’s What You Need to Know!
It’s the new year and you’re probably thinking about how to start fresh. And with that comes the chance to make some big moves—maybe even a move to a whole new office space!
But moving an office is no small feat. It takes a lot of planning and attention to detail, and if you don’t have everything in order, it can be stressful and overwhelming. And even worse, it could lead to several disadvantages.
Regardless of your motivations for relocating your workplace, you’ll want to make sure you plan ahead to minimise any potential hiccups. Since there will be many ideas, to-do checklists, and other details to stay on top of, you should decide how to organise this information efficiently.
Luckily, Business Relocation Services is here for you! With our reliable team by your side, we’ll help make the process as seamless as possible. We will guide you through every step of the process so that you can focus on what’s important: running your business.
So, whether this is your first move as an entrepreneur or your tenth, let us help you make sure it goes smoothly with our detailed guides and helpful tips!
- What to Do Before Moving an Office
- How To Choose an Office Moving Company
- How To Make Your Office Relocation Quicker and Easier
- Organise Your Office Move Day with Business Relocation Services!
What to Do Before Moving an Office
Moving your office is a huge undertaking. It’s not just about packing up a few boxes, it’s about making sure that you’re prepared for the move and that everything goes smoothly. Here are a few things you can do to make the transition as smooth as possible:
1. Plan ahead
It’s easy to get caught up in the excitement of moving and forget about all the things that need to happen before you can take off from your current location. Make sure you have enough time to coordinate logistics with vendors like movers and storage companies so they can be ready on time!
2. Get organised
Make sure you have the right equipment for moving office. If you don’t already own some boxes, get some from somewhere—you’ll need them! You should also make sure that you have enough packing tape and bubble wrap to cover everything in your new office. It’s easier to plan ahead than to scramble at the last minute!
3. Get everything ready
Make sure all your important documents and files are backed up online or in hard copy, so they don’t get lost during transit. Take inventory of all furniture, equipment, supplies, etc., so there aren’t any surprises after the move is complete!
4. Choose a reliable moving company
We recommend hiring office and business relocation professionals who can handle all the heavy lifting, so you don’t have to lift a finger.
At Business Relocation Services, we provide a full range of services to help companies move their offices with ease. Our services include planning and budgeting, physical preparation for the move day, and post-relocation services after you’re settled in. With our help, your office relocation will be seamless and stress-free.
How To Choose an Office Moving Company
If you need an office moving company, you probably have many questions: How much will the move cost? How long will it take? What kind of equipment will be used? You want to make sure you choose the best company for your needs. Here are a few tips on how to choose the right office moving company:
First, it’s important to consider how long the company has been in business. The longer a company has been in business, the more likely it is that they’ve had time to build up a reputation for quality work.
Additionally, you should look for companies that have been around for at least five years. Moving companies that have been around for this long will generally have more experience with large moves and can provide you with better estimates.
Do they have experience with moving offices? This can be a very different process than moving residential homes because businesses typically have a lot more stuff than homes do. An office removalist will understand this and know how to properly pack up all your belongings, so they don’t get damaged during transit.
3. Insurance Coverage
It’s also important to make sure that your chosen moving company has insurance coverage in case something goes wrong during the move. This can help ensure that both parties are protected from liability related to accidents or damage caused by the moving process.
4. Look for a company with certified movers
The best way to do this is by asking for proof from the mover that they have passed a training course on how to safely handle large amounts of furniture and equipment.
5. Check out online reviews
Finally, when choosing an office moving company, it’s best to make sure that the company has an established track record of positive reviews from past clients before hiring them yourself!
How To Make Your Office Relocation Quicker and Easier
Planning an office move is a time-consuming process that involves juggling many tasks, meeting strict deadlines, and organising many personnel. That is why making use of a detailed checklist that includes a step-by-step are your best bets for a swift, trouble-free transfer.
Ready to plan your office move? Here is a complete step-by-step guide to help you with your office relocation:
Step 1 – Once you’ve made the decision to relocate, it’s advisable to get the ball rolling on the preliminary stages at least a year or more before the actual moving date.
- Look at your lease for the commercial space. It’s possible that you’ll lose your security deposit if you depart early. Damages and breaks that occur while you’re moving out could be your financial responsibility. Be sure to stay informed.
- Consider the long-term viability and future expansion of your company while you search for a new location. Consider your staff’s needs in terms of office layout and technology.
- Think about how you will move your electrical devices and IT without interrupting or slowing down the production, as this is something that will need to be planned out.
- Assemble a planning group that will be responsible for delegating duties and overseeing the relocation.
- To discover the best service and price, start requesting estimates from many moving services.
- Investigate if moving insurance is required for expensive machinery and tools.
- Having a specified budget will assist you avoid going into debt while moving.
- Create an accurate blueprint of your new place.
- The new workplace space needs to be measured and planned out in advance.
- Do you have all you need to successfully shift your office? No business can afford to have downtime while moving into a new office or coworking space, so it’s important to have a plan in place.
Step 2 – When the moving date has been set, you should announce it to everyone involved, both inside and outside of the company.
- It’s important that you officially provide notice to your present landlord or property manager.
- Get the word out to your staff that the office is moving and when they may expect to see you at the new location. It’s also a good idea to let the employee know why they’re being transferred, what they stand to gain, and any potential adjustments to their daily routine that this transition may necessitate.
- Create a comprehensive list of everyone to whom you must communicate your change of address so that everyone on the team is aware of their roles and duties in advance.
- Set up an appointment with the moving company of your choice.
- Partners, affiliates, and local suppliers who may be affected by your transfer should be informed of your forthcoming address and contact information changes.
Step 3 – Think about how you will get all your workplace gear from one place to another.
- Gather a complete list of all the pieces of workplace furniture currently in use.
- If you need new furniture, it’s best to go to a furniture store about your options.
- Put in an order for new fixtures and supplies.
- If you need more room, look into renting a storage unit.
- Be sure to include your signature on all required forms, licences, and permits.
- Make any necessary reservations for the relocation day, such as parking spaces, local licences, and elevator use.
- You should provide your movers with a thorough floor plan and possibly even meet with them at the new location.
- Put together a comprehensive plan outlining how the moving day will go for your team to follow.
- Prepare a list of important phone numbers, including those of the movers, the elevator service, and the building administration.
Step 4 – When moving day finally arrives, you should feel confident about everything. If you want the big day to go off without a hitch, consider these additional precautions.
- In today’s world, having quick access to the Internet and wireless networks must be a top priority. Schedule the activation of all necessary telephone and computer systems.
- Create a plan for the introduction of cutting-edge computer hardware and software.
- Having people on hand will guarantee that everything with a specific colour code, as well as everything with a specific desk and box number, ends up where it should.
- If it’s hot where you’re moving to, turn on the air conditioner.
- Keep a list of emergency numbers handy, either on paper or on your mobile device.
Step 5 – It’s time to finish setting up the last of the necessary components so you can get back to work as soon as possible.
- Make sure the employees can easily distinguish between different sections by clearly defining and separating them.
- Ready the necessary hardware and software.
- Prepare the necessary infrastructure for telephone communication.
- Changes in corporate contact information should be reflected on the website.
- Verify the property thoroughly, and if necessary, contact the moving firm about any damage.
- Verify that your health insurance coverage has been transferred.
- Make sure all expired leases have been terminated.
- Verify that the previous location’s deposits have been received.
- Gather up and hand over any and all old building access cards, key fobs, and keys.
- Pass out fresh keys, ID cards, and badges to enter the building.
- Verify all payments and invoices.
- Get the word out that you’ve moved by issuing a news release.
Organise Your Office Move Day with Business Relocation Services!
We know how stressful it can be to move your business, so let us take care of everything. We’ll make sure that your workplace relocation goes smoothly and without any problems. We provide full-service relocation services for businesses of all sizes, from small offices to multi-location firms.
So, if you’re looking for a team that can move your business to a new site quickly and easily, look no further than Business Relocation Services! Contact us today or call us on 1300 92 94 40 for inquiries and our team of professionals will be happy to assist you.